Maritime Advanced Systems & Technology Open House & Technology Expo 2017
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 | Port of Hueneme
8:30 am - 4:00 pm: Operational Evaluation, Experimentation, Education
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Evening Social
2017 Research Focus
The conduct of this year’s exercise examines the capabilities required to prevent and mitigate the effects of multi-domain threats to maritime commerce, port and maritime operations, and critical maritime infrastructure
- A venue to systematically identify, evaluate and implement solutions through education, experimentation and operational evaluation
- An operationally focused perspective on Global Trade and Maritime Security
- Relevant technology demonstrations and collaborative opportunities
- Subject Matter Expert panels and facilitated discussions
- Collaborative interchange between public and private sector stakeholders
- An entry point for business and industry partnerships with education
The Coastal Trident program is a regional, comprehensive training, experimentation and exercise program occurring annually at the Port of Hueneme. Since its inception in 2007, the program has grown to be a robust and agile program to facilitate strategic innovation and regional advantages through the integration and exercise of components of specialized capabilities in order to validate effectiveness and suitability against threat scenarios. MAST is the experimentation element of the program designed to match technological solutions with operational requirements through scenario-based field test and evaluation activities.
Who Should Attend?
Students are invited to participate from 0915–1200 observe technologies and demonstrations in the MAST Open House as well as meet with real-life industry pros to discover maritime industry career paths during the Maritime Career Exploration Day fair.
Companies are welcome to participate in the Maritime Career Exploration Day occurring simultaneously with the MAST Expo and Open House from 1030-1200.
Educators are encouraged to attend the entire event and will have a specific STEM discussion from 1515-1600 to explore ways to leverage and interact with the Port and the Coastal Trident Program to further their academic programs.