Maritime Advanced Systems & Technology
2015 Open House & Technology Expo
In Coordination with the Coastal Trident Regional Maritime Security Program
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
8:30 am – 4:30 pm | Program, Panels & Exercises
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm | Evening Mixer
7:30 am – Registration
8:30 am – Welcome – Port of Hueneme
8:45 am – Regional Maritime Safety and Security
9:15 am – BREAK
9:30 am – Introduction and Overview of Coastal Trident Regional Program
10:00 am – Port & Maritime Security Panel: Technology Vision for Maritime Safety and Security
11:30 am – Lunch
1:00 pm – Exercise Hot Wash Panel Discussion
2:00 pm – MAST Technology Demonstrations and VIP Tour
4:00 pm – Social Mixer
Speakers & Panelists on Technology Vision for Maritime Safety & Security:
- David Fukitomi, Cal OES
- Dennis Silva, Ventura County Sheriff
- Kevin McGowan, Ventura County Office of Emergency Services
- CDR Casey Hehr, U.S. Coast Guard
- Darin Fotheringham, SB County Sheriff
- Brian Dilley, Ventura County Fire
- Bob Scheerle, Special Agent, FBI
- Debra Powers, Chair, Naval Counter IED Intelligence Network
- Federal, State, DOD, and municipal speakers and experts
- Engaging, relevant panel discussions
- Foster security, operations, and environmental technology innovations and collaboration
- Showcase field experimentations, venue for effectiveness, affordability, and feasibility
- Technology demonstrations
Who Should Attend
- Public Safety Professionals
- Defense Industry Partners
- Port and Maritime Stakeholders
- Technology Providers
The Coastal Trident Program was established by the Port of Hueneme and in collaboration with the Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Asymmetric Warfare as a comprehensive training, experimentation, and exercise program for the Port of Hueneme. Since its inception in 2007, Coastal Trident has evolved into a regional maritime security and response program, enabled by operational evaluation of leading-edge technology systems, with participation by over 100 agencies, and organizations. (Visit www.cawnps.org for more information.)
MAST Open House
- The Maritime Advanced Systems & Technology Laboratory (MAST) is a collaborative research facility dedicated to fostering leading edge technology innovation in the port and maritime environment.
- Established as a cooperative research and development program between the Port of Hueneme, Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Asymmetric Warfare and the Economic Development Collaborative of Ventura County.
- Leverages the unique geographical, operational, and environmental assets inherent at the Port of Hueneme.
- Provides collaborative stakeholders with an optimized solution to sustained research, experimentation and test programs and a platform to showcase their research and technologies.
- The MAST Open House and Technology Expo will be conducted to demonstrate technologies relevant to the port and maritime operations
- Technologies participating in, or deployed in support of, CT-15
- Technologies that fit outside the scope of planned activities or lack technical maturity to participate in scenario-based operations
- Relevant static or dynamic displays
- Any port and or maritime technologies in the security, logistics and/or environmental
For further questions please contact: Christina Birdsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the link below to register for the event.
The MAST Open House will be sponsored and coordinated by Economic Development Collaborative-Ventura County (EDC-VC) and hosted by the Port of Hueneme. Additional sponsorships are available.