Connecting With Our Community Is Essential
The Port of Hueneme hosts and supports numerous local events and organizations to foster awareness and advance the quality of life for the community.
Port Supported Events and Organizations Include:
- Port’s Banana Festival
- Oxnard Salsa Festival
- Christmas Parade
- Santa-to-the-Sea Half Marathon
- Hueneme Beach Festival
- Boys and Girls Club
- Local Schools (Elementary, Secondary, University and Technical)
- United States Navy League
- Gull Wings Children’s Museum
- ILWU – Alex’s Lemonade Walk
- Maritime Museum
- Seabee Museum
The Port is open to the public for tours Mon–Fri, 8am–5pm. An excellent interactive learning experience tailored for elementary, secondary and post secondary education levels.
The annual Banana Festival was first held in 2012 and attracted over 11,000 participants. This family oriented and highly anticipated event provides a chance for the community to experience The Port with tours, arts and crafts, educational displays, and maritime related experiences, all while enjoying one of The Port’s largest imports — Bananas!
The Port offers an award-winning 12-week Global Trade & Logistics class for high school students and partners with local universities to develop maritime education programs.
In conjunction with local businesses and port partners, The Port offers internship programs and hosts an annual Maritime Career Day.
The Port is a member of and supports many local organizations including:
- Port of Hueneme Chamber of Commerce
- Oxnard Chamber of Commerce
- Port Hueneme Beautiful
- LBA – Latin Business Association
- Economic Development Collaborative – Ventura County
- Ventura County Economic Development Association
- Ventura County Special Districts Association
- Economic Development Corporation of Oxnard
Download Our Community Brochure
A high value commodity handled at the Port of Hueneme includes the import and export of automobiles and other rolling stock. read more
The Port of Hueneme began 80 years ago with a mission to provide California’s central coast agricultural community with an ocean link read more