Committed to the Safe Navigation of the Port
The Committee is established pursuant to Section 8670.23 of the Government Code and Title 14, California Code of Regulations, Sections 800-802, and is responsible for planning for the safe navigation and operation of tank ships, tank barges, and other vessels within the harbor, and for making recommendations to the Administrator of the Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR).
The Port Hueneme Harbor Safety Committee is mandated by the California Oil Spill Prevention and Response Act of 1990 (ACT). On October 8, 1991, the California Department of Fish and Game’s Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR) officially appointed the committee and the committee’s first meeting was held November 18, 1991.
The Harbor Safety Committee hosts quarterly meetings at 1:00 pm. In accordance with the California Governor’s Executive Stay At Home Order resulting from Covid-19, the Harbor Safety Committee is being held virtually. Please see agendas for information on how to attend the meetings via webex, or contact the Clerk of the Board at 805-754-8052.
- February 4, 2021
- May 6, 2021
- August 5, 2021
- November 4, 2021
Harbor Safety Plan
Harbor Safety Committee Vacancies
The Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR), is accepting applications for membership on the Port Hueneme Harbor Safety Committee. The OSPR is seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Representative of Shipping Agents (Alternate)
- Representative of Nonprofit Environmental Organizations (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Off-Shore Platform Supply Vessel Operators (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Dry Cargo Vessel Operators (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Organized Labor (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Refrigerated Cargo Vessel Operators (Alternate)
- Representative of Commercial Fishing Operators (Member/Alternate)
- Representative Fresh Produce Cargo Vessel Operators (Alternate)
- Representative Marine Petroleum Operators (Alternate)
- Representative Marine Fuel Terminal Operators (Member)
Qualified individuals who reside in the Port Hueneme area are encouraged to apply. A Harbor Safety Committee application can be obtained by using the link: Harbor Safety Committee Application for Appointment
More information on Harbor Safety Committees can be found on the Department of Fish and Wildlife site: https://wildlife.ca.gov/OSPR/Marine-Safety/Harbor-Safety
If you have questions regarding the requirements for a position, or the application process, please contact Mr. David Mighetto at e-mail address email@example.com, or by telephone at (916) 375-7151.
Additional Contribution to Employee Retirement Trust Brings Total to $2.5M
View press release
The Port of Hueneme continues to ensure financial stability read more
Commitment to Environment and Low Congestion Makes Port Thrive
See press release
MARCH 19, 2021 – The Port of Hueneme welcomed the first read more
See press release
January 25, 2021 – The Port of Hueneme welcomed new leadership last week as the Board of Harbor Commissioners read more