Committed to the Safe Navigation of the Port
The Committee is established pursuant to Section 8670.23 of the Government Code and Title 14, California Code of Regulations, Sections 800-802, and is responsible for planning for the safe navigation and operation of tank ships, tank barges, and other vessels within the harbor, and for making recommendations to the Administrator of the Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR).
The Port Hueneme Harbor Safety Committee is mandated by the California Oil Spill Prevention and Response Act of 1990 (ACT). On October 8, 1991, the California Department of Fish and Game’s Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR) officially appointed the committee and the committee’s first meeting was held November 18, 1991.
The Harbor Safety Committee hosts quarterly meetings at 1:00 pm at the Port of Hueneme, 333 Ponoma Street, Port Hueneme, CA 93041.
- February 6, 2020
- May 7, 2020 – Cancelled due to COVID-19
- August 20, 2020
- November 5, 2020
Harbor Safety Plan
Harbor Safety Committee Vacancies
The Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR), is accepting applications for membership on the Port Hueneme Harbor Safety Committee. The OSPR is seeking applicants for the following positions. Qualified individuals who reside in the Port Hueneme area are encouraged to apply.
- Representative of Fresh Produce Cargo Vessel Operators
- Representative of Nonprofit Environmental Organizations
- Designee of Port of Hueneme (Alternate)
- Representative of Dry Cargo Vessel Operators
- Representative of Tug or Tank Barge Operators
- Representative of a Labor Organization involved with Operations of Vessels
- Representative of Commercial Fishing Operators
- Representative of Pleasure Boat Operators
- Representative Marine Petroleum Operators
- Refrigerated Cargo Vessel Operators (Alternate)
Funds for state-of-the art access controls & smart surveillance technology
July 9, 2020 – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced that the read more
May 6, 2020 – Just as in person auto sales resume, the Port’s largest customers brace for an approximate 90% reduction read more
April 22, 2020: The Port of Hueneme kicked off the 50th Annual Earth Day with a digital celebration, reaffirming their commitment read more