Committed to the Safe Navigation of the Port
The Committee is established pursuant to Section 8670.23 of the Government Code and Title 14, California Code of Regulations, Sections 800-802, and is responsible for planning for the safe navigation and operation of tank ships, tank barges, and other vessels within the harbor, and for making recommendations to the Administrator of the Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR).
The Port Hueneme Harbor Safety Committee is mandated by the California Oil Spill Prevention and Response Act of 1990 (ACT). On October 8, 1991, the California Department of Fish and Game’s Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR) officially appointed the committee and the committee’s first meeting was held November 18, 1991.
The Harbor Safety Committee hosts quarterly meetings at 1:00 pm at the Port of Hueneme, 333 Ponoma Street, Port Hueneme, CA 93041.
- February 6, 2020
- May 7, 2020 – Cancelled due to COVID-19
- August 20, 2020
- November 5, 2020
Harbor Safety Plan
Harbor Safety Committee Vacancies
The Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR), is accepting applications for membership on the Port Hueneme Harbor Safety Committee. The OSPR is seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Representative of Shipping Agents (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Nonprofit Environmental Organizations
- Representative of Off-Shore Platform Supply Vessel Operators (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Dry Cargo Vessel Operators (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Organized Labor (Member/Alternate)
- Representative of Refrigerated Cargo Vessel Operators (Alternate)
- Representative of Commercial Fishing Operators (Member/Alternate)
- Representative Fresh Produce Cargo Vessel Operators (Alternate)
- Representative Marine Fuel Terminal Operators (Member/Alternate)
Qualified individuals who reside in the Port Hueneme area are encouraged to apply. A Harbor Safety Committee application can be obtained by using the link: https://wildlife.ca.gov/OSPR/Marine-Safety/Harbor-Safety
- Scroll down to Membership Application under the Supporting Documentation and Link
- Select Membership Application Form
This site can also be found on the Department of Fish and Wildlife site. Search box type OSPR look for Harbor Safety Committees.
Please follow the instructions for e-mailing an electronic application along with a current resume as indicated in the online application. All applications must be received by September 21, 2020. The OSPR intends to appoint the new members at the November 5, 2020 Harbor Safety Committee meeting.
If you have questions regarding the requirements for a position, or the application process, please contact Mr. David Mighetto at e-mail address email@example.com, or by telephone at (916) 375-7151.
Port Wins 10th Consecutive Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting
October 13, 2020 – For the tenth consecutive year, the Oxnard read more
Funds for state-of-the art access controls & smart surveillance technology
July 9, 2020 – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced that the read more
May 6, 2020 – Just as in person auto sales resume, the Port’s largest customers brace for an approximate 90% reduction read more