A Vital Commercial Trade Gateway
The Port of Hueneme is a vital niche market port for autos, fresh produce, general cargo, bulk liquids, and fish.
The Port’s Prime Location
The Port of Hueneme’s prime global geographic location provides shorter sailing times and quicker access to berths.
The only commercial deep-water port between Los Angeles and San Francisco, the Port of Hueneme is adjacent to major populated urban areas, automotive epicenters and California’s agriculture heartland. The Port is just 60 miles north of Los Angeles and offers a highly efficient and uncontested alternative to other west coast ports.
A World Class Infrastructure
- Main Channel Depth: 35 FT
- 120 Acre Terminal
- 24 Acre Terminal (Joint Use)
- 130 Acre Navy Out-lease
- 294 Acres Backland
- 6 Deep Draft Berths: 4,250 LF
- 1 Shallow Draft: 320 LF
- Refrigerated Storage: 256,000 sq. ft
Nearby World Class Distribution Centers
- Global Auto Processing Services
- Seaboard Produce
- Lineage Logistics
- Del Norte Distribution
- Channel Island Cold Storage
- AMPORTS (BMW)
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL)
Our Experienced & Competitive Labor
- We get the job done. The Port has a flexible, “can do” attitude, with an open door policy and easy access to Port management and decision makers.
- Well trained, highly productive, motivated labor force focused on unique customer requirements and cargo throughput.
- Effective berth management. We get you to your berth fast.
- Pilots and purpose-built tugs provide quick approach and departure. Less than one hour approach and 30 minute departure.
We Provide a Prime Intermodal Link to North America, Canada and Mexico
The Port connects to the Union Pacific Railroad, providing an important intermodal link to North America, Canada and Mexico. Convenient near-dock rail is provided by Ventura County Railway, a Class III short-line railroad with a 12-mile loop track operated by Genesee & Wyoming Railroad.
Easy and Convenient Vehicular Access
The Port’s ideal location provides uncongested access to industrial and commercial centers of Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. The Port Intermodal Corridor (PIC) is an uncongested strategic access route that connects the Port’s main entrance with Highway 101, Interstate 5, and beyond.
Efficient Cargo Hub
- Less Congested. We know EVERY DAY COUNTS!
- Save Time and Money. Timely inspections result in reduced costs.
- No Waiting. In line at the gate or in the channel.
- Value. Free X-rays by CBP plus all cargo scanned for radiation signatures at no cost (at gate).
- Efficient. 130 pallets an hour average Breakbulk throughput.
Download “Why Hueneme” Port Business Brochure
Bring Your Cargo to the Port of Hueneme
Contact Dona Toteva Lacayo
Chief Commercial Officer
PORT OF HUENEME BRIEFING FOR CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Statement from Kristin Decas, CEO & Director, Port of Hueneme
March 26, 2020 – Click to read more
The Port of Hueneme/Oxnard Harbor District will be hosting a Job Fair on March 7th, 2020. The Fair will feature over read more
The California Association of Port Authorities (CAPA) hosted its 3rd Annual California Ports Day on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 in Sacramento, read more