Held at the Port of Hueneme each May, MAST fosters leading edge technological innovation and integration in a port and maritime environment. The MAST Lab joins a federated network of leading academic, research, test and evaluation, in-service engineering and operational centers to further expand the region’s ability to provide solutions to national security challenges.
With the unique geographic and environmental assets located at the Port of Hueneme, the MAST lab provides the collaborative stakeholders with an ideal location for on-going, maritime based research and evaluation.
MAST Vision and Mission
To foster ideas, innovation and leading edge technologies for the advancement of ports and the maritime environment.
We join a network of leading academic, research, test & evaluation, and in-service engineering centers to further expand the nation’s ability to provide solutions to relevant challenges in the maritime domain. By leveraging the unique geographic, operational and environmental assets located at the Port of Hueneme, MAST invites entrepreneurs with an optimized solution a surrounding for sustained research, experimentation and test programs.
Who Should Attend?
- Students are invited to participate from 0915–1230 observe technologies and demonstrations in the MAST Open House as well as meet with real-life industry pros to discover maritime industry career paths during the Maritime Career Exploration Day fair.
- Companies are welcome to participate in the Maritime Career Exploration Day occurring simultaneously with the MAST Expo and Open House from 1000-12.30.
- Educators are encouraged to attend the entire event and will have a specific STEM discussion from 1515-1600 to explore ways to leverage and interact with the Port and the Coastal Trident Program to further their academic programs.
MAST Lab contributions and activities include some the following:
- OPSTAR - Offshore Platform Security Threat Awareness and Response Program
- Coastal Trident
- Lab – Incubator Hub
- Pilot Projects
- License Plate Recognition
- Paint Made from Tires
- Energy Solutions – Alternative Fuels