Accuracy and Transparency
The financial affairs of the Port of Hueneme are overseen and managed by the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer. The Finance & Administration team is responsible for financial management and reporting, treasury, accounting, budgets, procurement, contract management, risk management, office management, and human resources functions of the Port.
The Port does not assess property taxes on District residences for operations and capital expansions and relies solely on operating revenues to run its day-to-day operations. Operating expenses of the Port are funded from revenues generated by tariff charges, leases, or other contract revenues assessed to Port users.
The Finance & Administration team performs accurate and timely financial reporting, safeguard assets of the Port, and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
Administration & Finance: Our Key Objectives
- Perform accurate and timely financial reporting, safeguard assets of the Port, and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and GAAP principles.
- Manage the risk management function to ensure the Port is adequately covered by insurance.
- Fulfill the personnel plan by recruiting employees as needed, properly administer employee compensation and benefit packages, oversee employee relations matters and provide employee training.
- Oversee and administer restricted and un-restricted fund reserves for the timely and accurate reporting of investments. Develop and maintain the financial planning of reserves in order to support potential Port infrastructure, additions, modifications or upgrades.
- Oversee the administration of Port offices to ensure proper workspace, storage and employee accommodations exist.
OHD Board President Jess Herrera Speaks
Suggesting that the business community should be “mad as hell’ at the stagnant economic growth in read more
Meeting High Standards for a 9th Consecutive Year
August 2019 – For the ninth consecutive year, the Port of Hueneme is being read more
Putting local people to work and creating green jobs
The final step in the Port’s South Terminal Modernization came to fruition on read more