Accuracy and Transparancy
The financial affairs of the Port of Hueneme are overseen and managed by the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer. The Finance & Administration team is responsible for financial management and reporting, treasury, accounting, budgets, procurement, contract management, risk management, office management, and human resources functions of the Port.
The Port does not assess property taxes on District residences for operations and capital expansions and relies solely on operating revenues to run its day-to-day operations. Operating expenses of the Port are funded from revenues generated by tariff charges, leases, or other contract revenues assessed to Port users.
The Finance & Administration team performs accurate and timely financial reporting, safeguard assets of the Port, and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
Administration & Finance: Our Key Objectives
- Perform accurate and timely financial reporting, safeguard assets of the Port, and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and GAAP principles.
- Manage the risk management function to ensure the Port is adequately covered by insurance.
- Fulfill the personnel plan by recruiting employees as needed, properly administer employee compensation and benefit packages, oversee employee relations matters and provide employee training.
- Oversee and administer restricted and un-restricted fund reserves for the timely and accurate reporting of investments. Develop and maintain the financial planning of reserves in order to support potential Port infrastructure, additions, modifications or upgrades.
- Oversee the administration of Port offices to ensure proper workspace, storage and employee accommodations exist.
On Monday night, December 10, 2018, the Oxnard Harbor District Board of Commissioners took a historic step in signing a Project read more
A high value commodity handled at the Port of Hueneme includes the import and export of automobiles and other rolling stock. read more
The Port of Hueneme began 80 years ago with a mission to provide California’s central coast agricultural community with an ocean link read more