The Coastal Trident Program
The Coastal Trident Program was established by the Port of Hueneme and the Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Asymmetric Warfare as a comprehensive training and exercise program for the Port of Hueneme.
Since its inception in 2007, numerous exercises have been conducted and Coastal Trident has evolved into a regional maritime security and response program, enabled by operational evaluation of leading-edge technology systems, with participation by approximately 90 organizations and departments.
The Coastal Trident regional training and exercise program is tangible evidence of the commitment of the Port of Hueneme and the emergency response community in Southern California to ensure public safety and security in the region. This is done through collaborative partnerships and cutting-edge technology demonstration that will assist in enabling an effective response to any emergency.
Exercises Goals and Objectives
The Coastal Trident Regional Maritime Security and Response Program is intended to explore the homeland security, homeland defense, emergency response, and emergency management issues presented by the threat of mines and water-borne improvised explosive devices (WBIEDs) to port and maritime operations. The following overarching goals have been identified by the exercise planning team to achieve this intent:
- Reinforce federal, state, local government, and private sector partnerships
- Evaluate interoperable systems to enhance homeland security, homeland defense, emergency response, and emergency management capabilities at the local, state, and federal levels
- Strengthen existing emergency response and management plans, systems, and capabilities in order to broaden applicability to the full spectrum of emergencies
- Identify future planning, training, and exercise needs related to the multi-jurisdictional response to a regional emergency
Coastal Trident 2015
The Coastal Trident 2015 Regional Maritime Security and Response Exercise will leverage the foundation of the Coastal Trident series and expand the scope to address the evolving threat to port and maritime safety and security.
Exercise Development (Proposed Dates)
- January 21, 2015: Concept Development Conference
- March 4, 2015: Initial Planning Conference
- April 8, 2015: Mid-Planning Conference
- May 7, 2015: Final Planning Conference
- June 8-12, 2015: Coastal Trident 15 – Training Activities
- June 15-19, 2015: Coastal Trident 15 – Operational Activities
- June 17, 2015: Second Annual MAST/CT Technology Open House Event
Additional Contribution to Employee Retirement Trust Brings Total to $2.5M
View press release
The Port of Hueneme continues to ensure financial stability read more
Commitment to Environment and Low Congestion Makes Port Thrive
See press release
MARCH 19, 2021 – The Port of Hueneme welcomed the first read more
See press release
January 25, 2021 – The Port of Hueneme welcomed new leadership last week as the Board of Harbor Commissioners read more