The Coastal Trident Program
The Coastal Trident Program was established by the Port of Hueneme and the Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Asymmetric Warfare as a comprehensive training and exercise program for the Port of Hueneme.
Since its inception in 2007, numerous exercises have been conducted and Coastal Trident has evolved into a regional maritime security and response program, enabled by operational evaluation of leading-edge technology systems, with participation by approximately 90 organizations and departments.
The Coastal Trident regional training and exercise program is tangible evidence of the commitment of the Port of Hueneme and the emergency response community in Southern California to ensure public safety and security in the region. This is done through collaborative partnerships and cutting-edge technology demonstration that will assist in enabling an effective response to any emergency.
Exercises Goals and Objectives
The Coastal Trident Regional Maritime Security and Response Program is intended to explore the homeland security, homeland defense, emergency response, and emergency management issues presented by the threat of mines and water-borne improvised explosive devices (WBIEDs) to port and maritime operations. The following overarching goals have been identified by the exercise planning team to achieve this intent:
- Reinforce federal, state, local government, and private sector partnerships
- Evaluate interoperable systems to enhance homeland security, homeland defense, emergency response, and emergency management capabilities at the local, state, and federal levels
- Strengthen existing emergency response and management plans, systems, and capabilities in order to broaden applicability to the full spectrum of emergencies
- Identify future planning, training, and exercise needs related to the multi-jurisdictional response to a regional emergency
Coastal Trident 2015
The Coastal Trident 2015 Regional Maritime Security and Response Exercise will leverage the foundation of the Coastal Trident series and expand the scope to address the evolving threat to port and maritime safety and security.
Exercise Development (Proposed Dates)
- January 21, 2015: Concept Development Conference
- March 4, 2015: Initial Planning Conference
- April 8, 2015: Mid-Planning Conference
- May 7, 2015: Final Planning Conference
- June 8-12, 2015: Coastal Trident 15 – Training Activities
- June 15-19, 2015: Coastal Trident 15 – Operational Activities
- June 17, 2015: Second Annual MAST/CT Technology Open House Event
PORT OF HUENEME BRIEFING FOR CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Statement from Kristin Decas, CEO & Director, Port of Hueneme
March 26, 2020 – Click to read more
The Port of Hueneme/Oxnard Harbor District will be hosting a Job Fair on March 7th, 2020. The Fair will feature over read more
The California Association of Port Authorities (CAPA) hosted its 3rd Annual California Ports Day on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 in Sacramento, read more